DOMINION DOG TRAINING
Dog Psychology/Behavior Orientation - Included in the Puppy Program and Basic
The first class of your Puppy or Basic I course is our Orientation (first class), where only the owners attend (No Dogs attend this class). During this class, we teach you about the basics of dog psychology and behavior. We do this so you can learn to understand how your dog thinks and interprets your behavior. Understanding the basic constitution of a dog will help you to more effectively train your dog to listen and learn.
Evaluations - $45
This is an optional 1/2-hour session that can be used to assess your dog regarding a variety of issues, such as, behavioral issues, class suitability issues, class or private in-home session decisions, dog's ability to meet minimum requirements to attend a particular class, etc. This option is assist clients in answering questions about their training needs.
Private 1-on-1 Training - In-Facility and In-Home Sessions Available - $75/hr.
If you have specific behavioral issues or a conflicting schedule with the above classes, then private instruction may be best for you. We work with you and your dog to determine the source of the behavioral/psychological problem and work with you to correct it. We give you instructions on how to continue working with your dog to maintain or further your success. In-Home and In-Facility privates are priced based upon your needs and the number of dogs we are working with to resolve your concerns. We try to be flexible in scheduling sessions at the most convenient time for all parties. There may be additional charges for customers that are outside of our service area.
Right Start Puppy Program - 5-week program (5, 1-hour sessions) - $195*
Our puppy program helps you learn how to raise a healthy well-balanced puppy. We cover socialization, basic obedience, potty training, and other puppy development behaviors. No puppies the first night of class (orientation). Puppies 3 months - 6 months (may vary due to your vet's vaccination schedule).
Basic Obedience - 5-week program (5, 1-hour sessions) - $195*
Our "Instinctual Learning" method of teaching you how to be a good pack leader by learning the fundamentals of controlling, not dominating, your dog through a variety of basic exercises. We work with you and your dog to Master the Walk, Sit, Down, Stay, and Come. We also customize each class based upon each client's specific issues or behavioral problems. No dogs the first night of class (orientation). Dogs 3 months and up.
Intermediate Obedience - 5-week program (5 1-hour sessions) - $195
This class will focus on building reliability for those who want more from their dogs. The course will cover intermediate work on Sit, Down, Long Stays and Recalls (Come When Called). It will also cover heeling on-leash, attention & distraction work, and the beginning steps of off-leash handling. Dogs 9 months and up.
AKC's Canine Good Citizen Course - 5-week program (5 1-hour sessions) - $195
The AKC's two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. It is a great course for your dog to become a better community member or prepare for therapy work. Your dog will be able to get his/her 10-step CGC certification to become an outstanding canine citizen. Prerequisite: Basic Obedience, or trainer evaluation. Dogs 6 months and up.
* For the Right Start Puppy and the Basic Obedience I classes - Bring a 2nd dog from the same household the 2nd dog is 1/2 off the regular price.
1) To reserve your space, fill out, scan and email your registration and vaccination forms to Dominion Dog Training prior to the first class.
2) Scan and email your Registration, Liability, & Vet Records to email@example.com, or bring to the first night of class.
3) Click HERE for Puppy/Basic forms. To download Adobe Reader to view documents, click HERE.
4) For CGC, Click HERE or Intermediate Registration, use this form, Click HERE.
5) Vaccination record can be the receipt you received from your vet with dates of last vaccinations.
6) Bring full payment (cash/check) to the first class.
7) NO DOGS THE FIRST CLASS.
1) All dogs must be fully vaccinated with proof of vaccinations from owner's veterinarian.
2) All intact female dogs must be out of season by at least 14 days.